Tuesday, September 12, 2006

SCAD style

The other day at nested I saw some great notebooks from SCAD's Working Class Studio. This is a venture where students produce a contemporary home accessories and lifestyle line. I hadn't checked out shopSCAD's website in a while and there are some finds there too. The store itself has a huge variety of one-offs, paintings, jewelry, handmade sketchbooks and accessories. Located in an old building in downtown Savannah shopSCAD is well worth the trip. When I was there last year I picked up a Posey bracelet from Kathryn Riechert. The online store has a well edited version of the store and the collection from the Working Studio is a great example of how design schools can give students a taste of the working world. I may just take a little weekend Savannah trip soon. Maybe it won't be eight thousand degrees if I go in October instead of July. And I can see Ashley of Newsham.
An archival giclee print The Mannequins by Amy Kayln Sims

Working Class Studio's melanine plates in colorways perfect for late Summer dining

Parking Lot by Nathen Abels

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner